Listen to the interview here:
Bobbi Linkemer on how to turn your job into a business and make it last for 25 years.
Bobbi Linkemer didn’t care much for working in corporate. When she was fired from her job in the 1980’s, as she was looking for another, she found out that people wanted to hire her directly as a freelancer. A business was born. But it didn’t last all this time by luck. Bobbie explains how she started a successful business long before the Internet, podcasts or social media on this episode of the How to Quit Working Show.
- Bobbi’s website at: writeanonfictionbook.com
- eMail Bobbi at: email@example.com
- Bobbi’s many published books: amazon.com
- Join the How to Quit Working Circle on Facebook
- How to Quit Working NOW! Coaching Program
Bobbi Linkemer is a writing coach, ghostwriter, and editor, as well as the author of eighteen books under her own name. Her passion is helping writers at all levels to convey their messages through books. To that end, she has:
- Taught Writing, Publishing, & Promoting a Nonfiction Book at the Continuing Education Division of Meramec Community College in St. Louis, Missouri (2004-2011)
- Launched LinkUp Publishing, a small publisher for new authors (2010-2014)
- Developed and mounted How to Write, Publish, & Promote a Nonfiction Book, an online course for aspiring authors (2013) and seven module-length, short courses individual aspects of the writing-publishing-promotion process (2014)
- Guided sixteen published authors through the steps of writing, publishing, and promoting their nonfiction books (2007-2014)
In her forty-five-year career, Ms. Linkemer has written on hundreds of topics for magazines, individuals, and organizations in both the private and public sectors. She has been a feature writer, a magazine editor, and a corporate communicator. Her clients range from Fortune 100 companies to entrepreneurs and individuals who want to share their stories or build their businesses. Her articles on all aspects of writing appear on leading article sites on the Web, including top-ranked EzineArticles.com.
Bobbi Linkemer’s books on writing include:
- How to Write a Nonfiction Book: From planning to promotion in 6 simple steps (7th Edition)
- Going Solo: How to survive and thrive as a freelance writer
- Words To Live By: Reflections on the writing life from a 40-year veteran
- The Savvy Ghostwriter: Confessions of an Invisible Author (e-book)
- How to Write an Online Course: From concept to completion one step at a time (e-book)