Listen to the interview here:
Glen and Caryl of Alderspring Ranch on How to Start a New Business
Glen and Caryl both had good government jobs. They didnt’ hate them — in fact they liked them. But as they moved up the ladder, they realized their jobs would require more responsibility, more travel and less of the stuff they enjoyed. They had already purchased a small “hobby ranch” and were raising a small number of cattle. That hobby, combined with their passion for reconnecting people with their food, lead them to start the very successful Organic beef company: Alderspring Ranch. On this episode of the show, Glen and Caryl share years of business advice and lessons — many of them learned the hard way, so you don’t have to!
What success means to Glen and Caryl:
Success is doing things that are important; that you enjoy and creating relationships. Leaving a legacy.
- Alderspring’s web site: alderspring.com
- Order Alderspring beef online
- Glen and Caryl’s daughter L’s Gluten Free Blog
- How to Quit Working NOW! Coaching Program
About Alderspring Ranch:
To us, grass fed beef is better than simply trendy, it is the right thing to do. Especially when the beef is not only grassfed, but also Certified Organic. Our grass-fed organic cattle are never confined to a feedlot, but spend their entire lives on our pristine, high mountain pastures. We treat the animals with respect and great care, and in return they bless us with beef we are proud to sell to you. Our beef is a whole food that comes from an agricultural model that produces benefits to all the parts:
- Healthy, safe, delicious, lean beef for you and your family
- Ecologically sustainable growing practices that enhance the environment
- Enhancement of agricultural communities and open space
- Humane and respectful treatment of animals