Listen to the full episode below:
The Bad News About Writing a Book
- Authors are either dirt poor and starving or they are hugely successful like J.K. Rowling.
- If you want to get a book published, you have to get a big, New York Publishing House to give you the green light.
- You need a lot of money to write and publish a book.
The Good News About Writing a Book
Those are all lies.
An Aspiring Full-Time Author
When Garrett Robinson was working his full-time job, he was writing on the side, dabbling with selling a few books on Amazon. He knew he eventually wanted to write full-time, but wasn’t sure if he would ever be able to.
Then he got the Golden Boot. The Golden Boot is when you are working a job that you aren’t really that excited about, you lose that job and as a result, you pursue something that makes you way happier than the job ever did.
Garrett looked at his options. He could get another job that probably wouldn’t make him happy, or he could pursue this writing thing full-time. Because he has, in his words, “the most supportive wife ever” he pursued the writing path.
The Shift Happens
Less than a year later, Garrett is making a good living, paying the bills as a full-time author of fiction novels. Every day, he gets up and does exactly what he wants to do. There is nothing else he would rather be doing on a daily basis than exactly what he is doing.
You Can Too
Whether you want to write a book, launch a music career, or start a business, you’ll learn something important on this episode of the “How to Quit Working Show”.
Just get out there and do it; there’s never going to be a better time. – Garrett Robinson
On this episode of the “How to Quit Working Show” Garrett is going to answer these questions:
- “I don’t have a bunch of money to spend on printing a bunch of copies of my book, how do I do this?”
- “OK, if I get the book out, how the hell do I get people to buy it?”
- “Once I start to get fans, how do I keep them and make sure they like the next thing I create?”